A Review of Beachbody’s ChaLean Extreme
I have had several people ask me about the workout I am currently doing called ChaLean Extreme, so I thought I would do a quick review of it here. Chalene Johnson has put an extreme weightlifting program together that fits in with my busy lifestyle. I did two rounds of P90X and got into really good shape. Then I got bored which always happens to me and I know it’s time to do something else. If I don’t, I will quit working out (not good). Here’s what I like about ChaLean Extreme:
- This is a weightlifting program that encourages you to “go heavy or go home”. Usually women don’t get that message. They are told to do light weights and lots of reps. You CAN go heavy. You don’t have lots of testoterone running around in your system, so you won’t bulk up, but you will look and feel great!
- It takes you there in steps. Burn circuit gets you started. Push circuit helps you increase your weight and Lean circuit works upper and lower body together to get your metabolism burning at optimum levels.
- It doesn’t ignore the glutes, inner thighs and outer thighs (ab and adductors).
- It includes cardio and flexibiltiy with “Burn Intervals” “Burn it Off” and “Recharge” It also includes two ab workouts. I still like “Ab/Core Plus” from P90X+ so I switch it up in the abs department.
- You get an intense workout in a reasonable amount of time. The longest workout is 52 minutes. All the rest run 30 to 40 minutes.
- The program comes with a nutrition plan and a cookbook with some tasty recipes in it.
- I love Chalene’s energy and positive attitude. She reminds me of my spitfire college roomate, Karen. I think they would get along famously.
- I lost 1/4 inch from waist, 1/2 inch from hips and 1 1/2 inches from thighs during the first 90 days and that was after completing P90X and losing inches during that program.
If you are finding yourself getting a little doughy and flabby or if you are sensing that your metabolism is coming to a screeching halt, check this program out. You won’t be sorry 🙂