Note: These free tips are great and may be all you need. If you think you might like some more individualized help to live the healthy lifestyle, fill out this form and I will be in touch to help you get started!
So you are committed to getting into shape, losing some weight and doing a better job with your nutrition. So what’s your next step? Have you considered hiring a personal trainer? If you are serious, a personal trainer is a good idea, at least for a period of time. Here’s why:
- Accountability– An appointment with a trainer makes it a lot harder to bag your workout. If you want to cancel, now you have to take action instead of just driving by the gym and hitting the sofa.
- Proper Form– A trainer will spend time making sure you do exercises correctly. This will help avoid injury and get the most out of your workout.
- A One on One Consultation– Your trainer will sit down with you before you begin to find out what your goals are. Do you want to lose weight? Are you training for an upcoming 5K? Trying to improve your upper body strength? Want to stay healthy as you age? The goals you have will determine what kind of a program the trainer will develop for you.
- A Movement Screening– Trainers can screen you to find muscles that are tight or unusually lengthened and plan workouts to improve this. If you are someone who works at a desk all day, this screening can be crucial. Trainers can plan workouts to open up tight hip flexers and shoulders that hunch over computer screens for hours on end.
- A Customized Workout– Your trainer will plan a workout that meets your needs according to the goals you have and the results of your movement screening. He/she will help your fitness level progress at the right pace.
- Feedback and Encouragement– It’s great to have someone at your side that knows your goals and your stumbling blocks. Your trainer will encourage you when you are struggling and will be the first to celebrate with you when you accomplish your goals.
If you are the type of person who finds it hard to stay motivated, a personal trainer may be just what you are looking for to help you turn the corner in your fitness journey.