Note: These free tips are great and may be all you need. If you think you might like some more individualized help to live the healthy lifestyle, fill out this form and I will be in touch to help you get started!
Strength training, check! Cardio? You bet! Core exercises.. okay. Flexibility training, well…. Here’s why you should make sure you add flexibility training for a healthy lifestyle.
Health benefits of flexibility
- Prevents injury. Your joints have more range of motion if you are more flexible. If you twist your ankle or fall of the curb, being more flexible can keep you from a long recovery.
- Experience less back and hip pain, because your glutes, hamstrings, quads and IT bands will be more pliable.
- Your shoulders and neck won’t hurt so much because your pecs and trapezius muscles will be stretched out.
- Experience the benefits of stress relief through the deep breathing techniques of flexibility training.
- Have better posture because flexibility training will keep your chest and hips opened up.
So don’t ignore flexibility training. Your body will thank you!
How to include flexibility training
- Add it as a warm-up or cool down
- Plug it in on the weekends as a way to relax
- Use it when you run short on time for your regular workout
- Substitute flexibility training on days you are experiencing sore muscles or illness
Here’s some great beginner yoga videos by Brett Larkin that can get you on the right track to a more flexible you.