Note: These free tips are great and may be all you need. If you think you might like some more individualized help to live the healthy lifestyle, fill out this form and I will be in touch to help you get started!
Many of my clients tell me that they don’t have too much trouble staying on course when it comes to exercise. The area that gives them the most frustration is their eating. Sometimes it’s not how much you’re eating, but what you’re eating that makes you stumble. In that spirit, I am posting one of my favorite healthy recipes for roasted Brussels sprouts and carrots.
This one is a side dish that comes from Home Chef. It’s a home delivery company that sends fresh ingredients and recipes to your doorstep each week for about $9.99 per meal. These meals are restaurant quality and portioned so that you don’t overeat. Genius! I love roasted veggies because they taste great and roasting adds flavor without adding many calories. I used to hate Brussels sprouts. Now that I know how to roast them, I think they are delicious! This recipe feeds two people so adjust accordingly.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
You will need:
2 carrots, 8 oz. Brussels sprouts, two shallots, olive oil, salt, pepper, cooking spray, baking sheet
- Wash,peel, trim and cut carrots into 1/4 inch pieces
- Wash, and trim bottoms from Brussels sprouts, and halve them
- Peel and slice shallots and separate into 1/4 inch rounds
- Toss carrots, Brussels sprouts and shallots with 2 tsp. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Spread into a single layer on a baking sheet sprayed with the cooking spray
- Roast in the oven set at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes
- If any of the Brussels sprout leaves have burned, remove them from the sheet before serving.
What are your favorite healthy side dish recipes? Share in the comments below.