21 Day Fix Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
I’m done with my three weeks of 21 Day Portion Fix. I’m now on maintenance. So far, I’ve lost five pounds and my hubby has lost seven. He’s not even really a fixer. He just counts his calories and eats what I cook for him in the evening. So I think we will keep going. Because if it’s not broken, don’t fix it! Yikes, that was a really bad pun.
If you are unfamiliar with the 21 Day Fix Program, you can order the entire original program on Amazon. It includes exercise DVDs, portion control containers and a guide. Just want the containers, recipe e-book and a planning guide? A different company, 21 Day smartYOU offers that on Amazon too.
I came up with this 21 Day Fix Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry recipe myself. It’s been fun and creative for me to experiment with different ingredients and recipes to making them 21 Day Fix friendly. Also, I love stir fry and this is all “fixed” up to be a healthy meal for two (there I go with the bad puns again, sorry). if you are a fixer, this is worth:
1 red, 1 orange, 1 1/2 green, 1 yellow
21 Day Fix Beef and Broccoli Ingredients:
21 Day Fix Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry Directions:
1. Cut the beef into bite size pieces
2. Stir the soy sauce and coconut oil together in a medium bowl
3. Add the beef to the soy mixture and marinate. I marinated for about 30 minutes. However, you can marinate it all day if you want to. The longer you marinate, the better the flavor.
4. Rinse frozen broccoli in colander with warm water. You can also use fresh broccoli. If you do, steam it on the stove in a steamer until it is fork tender. This will take a little longer, but the flavor of the vegetable will be much better. It will also retain more nutrients.
5. Mix rice and water in microwave safe bowl and cook in microwave according to package directions
6. Stir fry beef on medium high heat until no longer red
7. Add broccoli and stir fry until heated through
8. Add brown rice and stir fry briefly until mixed
9. Season to taste with onion powder and garlic powder and serve
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPad